Who else wants Higher powered 4 Strokes ? Torini Supermaxx

Submitted by Glen Kimpton on Fri, 22/02/2019 - 12:27

With all the work thats gone into organising classes and races to suit the brigs and torini clubmax engines, I understand there is a lot of resistance to the grunty new 15hp Torini Supermaxx. 

But i am over the moon, I only wish it had more power! :)

Tell me, IF all the 4 stroke motors were currently 15HP Thumpers, Then brigs and torini bring out the baby 10hp motors   How many of you would be wanting them?

I have no intention of ever running 2 stroke, and i really like the longer lasting cheaper tyre philosophy.
But id like more power. 

Who else is getting one?

Pros and cons?

Views: 819

Reply to This

  • Up
    0%
  • Down
    0%

Comments

jason gaikhorst

Sun, 24/02/2019 - 21:57

Will be interesting if the 4strokes stay around for awhile, as there was a push for 4strokes about 15yr's ago and now the engine run the is barely used now.... at that stage they were 28-29hp twin cylinder 250cc engines an very reliable aswell

Wayne gilby

Tue, 26/02/2019 - 07:10

When the original announcement about 4 strokes was made ka said it was to get people behind the wheel to feel the thrill of racing and then step up into a 2 stroke. I can't see there being more powerful 4 strokes being allowed because no one would step up. 

Glen Kimpton

Tue, 26/02/2019 - 08:30

Wow that's interesting. I'd love to get my hands on one of those! Sounds perfect !
jason gaikhorst said:
Will be interesting if the 4strokes stay around for awhile, as there was a push for 4strokes about 15yr's ago and now the engine run the is barely used now.... at that stage they were 28-29hp twin cylinder 250cc engines an very reliable aswell

Glen Kimpton

Tue, 26/02/2019 - 08:34

True that. 
Hopefully things will be better with karting NSW
wayne gilby said:
When the original announcement about 4 strokes was made ka said it was to get people behind the wheel to feel the thrill of racing and then step up into a 2 stroke. I can't see there being more powerful 4 strokes being allowed because no one would step up. 

jason gaikhorst

Tue, 26/02/2019 - 23:11

Glen Kimpton said:
Wow that's interesting. I'd love to get my hands on one of those! Sounds perfect !
jason gaikhorst said:
Will be interesting if the 4strokes stay around for awhile, as there was a push for 4strokes about 15yr's ago and now the engine run the is barely used now.... at that stage they were 28-29hp twin cylinder 250cc engines an very reliable aswell

jason gaikhorst

Tue, 26/02/2019 - 23:14

Glen Kimpton, can still buy them new... but what i'm awear no parts are available in Australia and can only race them in our Open class Glen Kimpton said:
Wow that's interesting. I'd love to get my hands on one of those! Sounds perfect !
jason gaikhorst said:
Will be interesting if the 4strokes stay around for awhile, as there was a push for 4strokes about 15yr's ago and now the engine run the is barely used now.... at that stage they were 28-29hp twin cylinder 250cc engines an very reliable aswell

Glen Kimpton

Wed, 27/02/2019 - 06:42

I don't race anyway. But if a class starts for those I will! 

Hell I'll stock parts just to help support the class if that's what it takes. 

What are they called? Where can I get a new one? Who makes them? 

jason gaikhorst

Wed, 27/02/2019 - 19:09

Mine pictured is called "Biland SA250", built by a company SwissAuto afew years ago but unshore of who now who builds them new... Can buy almost anything needed from Marti Motorsport in Switzerland, Benedu racing in Holland (also sell's new engines an upgrade performance parts. Is afew other place's but i'll have to have a look again

Glen Kimpton

Mon, 04/03/2019 - 18:55

I had one lined up to buy from gumtree, been for sale almost 2 years, then bam its sold! dam it! someone here stole it i bet? :)

Mike Best

Tue, 05/03/2019 - 08:34

I believe that they are testing to see if the Clubmaxx and Supermaxx can run together with the Supermaxx used by Heavy and the Clubmaxx used by Lights. Good idea if the parity works out.

Glen Kimpton

Sat, 09/03/2019 - 18:20

Ive heard many have problems with that, but if power to weight ratios are the same then why not? all in together rather than separate weight classes makes a lot of sense!